Back to search results
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Date added: 30th May 2019
Salary:£17,000 - £20,000 per annum
Team Administrator | Foster Care | Dundee
Swiis are looking to recruit an experienced Team Administrator to work within our Dundee office. The position is full time, permanent with an annual salary of £17,000-£20,000, depending on experience.
The team administrator will provide comprehensive admin support to the fostering teams and team managers as well as managing the day to day running of the office and ensuring all systems, policies and processes are adhered to. Previous experience of working within a social work setting would be advantageous but is not desirable.
Interviews for this post will take place during the first week of July, with applications closing on 19th June.
- Welcome and receive visitors and answer incoming telephone queries/enquiries professionally, politely and timeously and where necessary sensitively, reporting any child protection concerns immediately and passing on messages when required.
- Undertake day-to-day administration and reception duties including photocopying, filing, dealing with enquiries, maintaining mailing/contact lists and liaising with suppliers.
- Open/distribute incoming mail and respond appropriately as directed keeping appropriate records.
- Collect and process outgoing mail.
- Participate in the Reception duty rota for the regional office.
- Attend and participate in team meetings, briefings, support meetings, training courses and supervision sessions as and when required.
- To prepare training materials, book foster carers onto training and assist with preparation for training events including set up of training rooms, maintain databases/spreadsheets, feedback forms, dietary requirements and issuing of training certificates.
- Take minutes at meetings and fostering panels, type letters and prepare reports and agendas as directed, ensuring good presentation and accuracy.
- Maintain and update database systems/spreadsheets and ensure that information is available to relevant staff.
- Ensure that financial information relating to placement charges and carer payments is forwarded to the Business Manager on a weekly basis.
- Maintain and allocate meeting rooms, organising refreshments as necessary for in-house and external bookings.
- Ensure all necessary consent forms, medical forms and PVG/Disclosures are issued.
- Ensure all statutory checks, personal references, employment references and GP letters are sent out and collated on return and ensure reminders for all checks are actioned and logged.
- Ensure there is an adequate supply of office materials/consumables and order as appropriate.
- To receive enquiries from potential foster carers and liaise appropriately with staff.
- To receive requests from Local Authority Placement Support Teams and liaise appropriately with staff.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in relation to all tasks required in the delivery of the fostering service and ensure all services are provided in an anti discriminatory way.
- Keep up to date and ensure that all Data Protection legislation and Swiis policies are adhered to.
- Ensure records are maintained and kept confidentially
Team Administrator Benefits:
- Full time permanent post (37.5 Hours per week)
- Salary £17,000-£20,000 per annum depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave
- Excellent Private Health Care Scheme*
- Pension Scheme*
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye care vouchers
Team Administrator Essential requirements:
- Educated to SVQ Level 3 or HNC
- Ability to manage work load and work on own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
At Swiis, we believe that good and great are two entirely different things. So we aim for the latter in everything we do. That’s why Swiis Foster Care is a national leading Independent Fostering Agency, regularly rated Very Good or Good by the Care Inspectorate for the high quality service provided to our foster carers and children and young people in our care.
Swiis Foster Care Scotland is a continuously expanding company and offers significant development opportunity for the right candidate.
If you have the skills, attitude and experience to be successful in this role, we want to hear from you today. Please submit an up-to-date CV detailing a full employment and study history.
Swiis is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. Where applicable post holders will subject to a satisfactory Disclosure or PVG from Disclosure Scotland.
Due to the volume of applicants, if you have not received a response from us within 14 days, please assume that you have not been successful in your application.
Swiis is an equal opportunities employer.
Back to search results